Thursday, September 8, 2016


We just learned about the Tongs.

Another blacksmithing tool is the fuller.

This type of tool is a long tool like a bar that has a rounded edge on one side.
There are two types of tools, an upper fuller or lower fuller.

The upper fuller is like a bar that is placed on top of the hot metal.
It has a handle that the blacksmith holds onto while hitting the top of the fuller, and the rounded part of the fuller spreads out the metal as it is pushed down into it.

The lower fuller goes underneath the metal by the anvil, and sits into the hardy hole while the blacksmith hits the metal.

(from: wikipedia - fuller)

Kid Facts - Blast from the past: Dust Storm