Thursday, June 8, 2017


We just learned about Grinding.

Another part of metal working is a Burr.

Many times when metal is cut, the sharp edge where it was cut has little rough pieces of metal left over that are called burrs.
When someone works to remove those little burrs to make the metal nice and smooth, that is called deburring.

(from: wikipedia - burr (edge))

Kid Facts - Blast from the past: Forging