Monday, May 27, 2019

Curtain Wall

We just learned about the hole in a castle wall called the Machicolation.

Another part of a castle is a Curtain Wall.

This is another wall that goes around the main castle, to help protect the castle inside the wall.

Its name makes sense because it's like a big curtain going around the outside of the castle.

(from: wikipedia - curtain wall (fortification))

Kid Facts - Blast from the past: Castel del Monte