Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Fimbriated Fold

We just learned about the Frenulum.

Another part of the mouth is the Fimbriated Fold of the tongue, also sometimes called the Plica Fimbriata.
The word fimbria comes from the latin word for "fringe"
These are two folds of skin on the bottom of the tongue, going front to back on either side of the frenulum.

For most people these just look like lines with bumps going down the tongue, but for some people there are small pieces of skin sticking out longer.

(from: wikipedia - fimbriated fold of tongue)

Kid Facts - Blast from the past: Transverse Tarsal Ligaments