Monday, April 8, 2019


We just learned about the Enceinte.

Another part of a castle is a Zwinger.

Some castles would have an outside wall and then an inside wall.
The place in between the two walls is called the zwinger.

This was made so that if attackers broke through the outside wall, the people defending the castle would be able to attack them easily in a small space before they could break into the main castle space.

(from: wikipedia - zwinger)

Kid Facts - Blast from the past: Baja California Sur